Tuesday, September 20, 2011

//meet THE SWINGER






Well, the other day my mum and I went to the op shop, as you do on your spare afternoons. And I spied this delightful treasure! A Polaroid, 'Swinger'. From the moment I glimpsed it I knew I had to have it.

But did I buy it?  sad to say I didn't. 

But I can still appreciate it from afar! I really love the packaging , the overall design of the manuel and basically what makes this quirky looking camera just....amazing! 

Wish I had bought it. But I did have a flip throught the manuel and it looked quite complicated to use. Additionally I wasn't too sure where/how I would be able to buy film for it. These facts usually wouldn't have detered me, but the price did, ($25!) 

Ahh, just did a google search on it, and here's some interesting things to note from the friendly source of Wikipedia:

"The Polaroid Model 20 "Swinger" was a popular Land Camera produced by the Polaroid Corporation between 1965 and 1970. At $19.95 USD it was the first truly inexpensive instant camera, a fact that helped fuel its enormous popularity and made it one of the top-selling cameras of all time. The Swinger was especially successful in the youth market due to its low price, stylish appearance, and catchy "Meet the Swinger" jingle sung by Barry Manilow in a television advertisement featuring a young Ali MacGraw"

And for your viewing enjoyment! 

"Meet The Swinger"
"Polaroid Swinger"







-keep smiling-

v&v


No comments:

Post a Comment